Scholarship Application Deadline/Closure:
- Students are to be citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Students applying are to be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Applying Student is required to be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019.
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Procedure:
- All Students applications are to be made through any of the nominating bodies; national nominating agencies (this is the main route of application) or selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies.
- Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
- You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application form that you are required to complete by your nominating body. All applications, including full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English), must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 19 December 2018 at the latest.
- It is important to read the 2019 Commonwealth Scholarship and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) to access the EAS system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.