High school seniors interested in studying in the US are to apply, Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Scholarships 2020 for High School Seniors seeking to undertake their study in the USA for academic year 2020.
Awards to high performing high school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology. BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarship which are renewable.
Why Black at Microsoft
Founded in 1989 as the first Microsoft- sponsored employee resource group. BAM is dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of black employees and encouraging students to pursue a career in technology.
The BAM scholarship is among Microsoft sponsored awards and scholarship for young student whose interest are innovation and technology
The scholarship application closes on April 10, 2020 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Outstanding high school seniors – winners will receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship if they continue to meet the criteria are eligible to.
Up to 24 scholarship runners-up will be eligible for a one-time $2,500 BAM technology stipend based on need.
Eligibility and Requirements
The following eligibility and requirement will be followed.
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (African American or African).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
The following documents are required to be presented by students.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
- Résumé. Your résumé should include the following information:
- Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are technology related)
- Work experience
- Picture of yourself. Pictures must be in color.
- Transcript: Include a copy of your current academic transcript. (Official or Unofficial copies will both be accepted.)
- Two Essays: In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.
All materials MUST be submitted through the online application link below. Emailed or mailed documents will not be accepted.
How to Apply
Follow the procedure to apply for Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships 2020.
To apply for a BAM Scholarship, submit your application online through the link below by April 10, 2020 11:59 PM Pacific Time with the following items:
Application deadline: submit your application by Friday April 10, 2020.
Click Here to Apply, Get More Information on the Website
Like This Article? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information on opportunities, scholarships, fund, awards, and study guides.
Also subscribe by email to receive free mail notification on updates