The British Association of International and Comparative Education is calling for applications to BAICE Compare Fellowship 2020-2021.
The BAICE ‘Compare Fellowship, which earnestly works to support activities of research, teaching and collaboration in the field. In order to maintain its significant global standing, as one of Compare’s missions is to develop the diversity of its authorship, and support underrepresented groups.
BAICE Compare Fellowship, to support early career academics from the Global South in disseminating their research and scholarship to a global audience. Compare is a leading journal of international and comparative education, publishing eight issues a year of high quality articles on diverse issues of educational policy and practice around the world.
The application deadline for BAICE Compare Fellowship is June 1, 2020.
The value of the Compare Fellowship is a full financial support including:
accommodation and subsistence for the following activities:
- Attending and presenting at the UKFIET conference in Oxford, UK, in September 2021
- Attending the Compare writers’ workshop at the conference (a full-day course for early career researchers)
- 2-4 week duration stay at an institution in the UK following the conference (to carry out library research, attend academic events, and develop publication ideas with the guidance of a mentor)
Please Note: The BAICE conference in September 2020 has been cancelled, on account of the coronavirus pandemic. instead, the fellow will be invited to the UKFIET conference the following September, 2021).
Degree Level: Fellowship
While in their country of origin, On account of the coronavirus pandemic. The Compare Fellow will be expected to engage in the following activities:
- Participating in e-mentoring
- Developing an article for Compare
- Facilitating the organization of activities to
support academic writing for other academics in their institution/country
- Participating in Compare as a reviewer
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the BAICE Compare Fellowship 2020/21 are:
To be based currently in a university in a low-income country (according to the World Bank classification)
To have completed their doctoral degree within the last six years
To be teaching or researching in the field of education
All Applicants are required to attach and send the following documents via email to email@example.com
- CV / resume (including qualifications, professional experience and publications)
- Supporting statement of 1000 words (outlining research interests, publication trajectory to date and future plans, and potential benefits of the fellowship for themselves and their institutions/countries)
- Abstract for a conference presentation on a research topic of their choice (300 words)
How to Apply for the BAICE Compare Fellowship 2020
Applications deadline: 1st June, 2020
If contact has already been made with a potential institution and mentor in the UK, then candidates should state this; however, it is not essential to have arranged this beforehand.
Please ensure you read the given post carefully before beginning your application for Compare Fellowship
Need to Apply?
All applicants should send the above listed documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If contact has already been made with a potential institution and mentor in the UK, then
candidates should state this; however, it is not essential to have arranged this beforehand.
Need More Information?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.