Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) Research Development Fellowship 2020 application are now open. The Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging Sub-Sahara African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
The AREF Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme is being launched to support African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
The application for the AREF Research Development Fellowship closes by September 23, 2020 12:00 GMT
The Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa. In 2020, these challenges will include infectious disease and non-communicable diseases. AREF’s goal is to transform the opportunities for up to 15 talented postdoctoral scientists in Africa in 2020 to contribute to reducing the burden of disease through leading research that is responsive to African settings.
The RDF Programme enables talented early-career researchers to:
- Acquire advanced research skills
- Develop and test their own compelling research questions
- Develop highly effective mentoring relationships
- Grow their potential collaborations
- Raise their profile through international networking
The AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme has a value worth
- maximum of £38,000.
- 3- 9 month placement at a leading research institution in Europe or Africa with
- Additional support at your home institution before and after the placement.
Degree Type: Fellowship (Research)
Duration: 3 – 9 months
Location: Europe and Africa
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the research development fellowship, applicants are to be
- A national of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa, need not be resident in Africa at the time of applying.
- Non-clinically qualified doctorate applicants holdiing a PhD or equivalent postgraduate degree within the last six years from a recognised institution of higher education after May 2014.
- Active research clinically applicants without doctorate qualification but have been awarded a research relevant master’s degree with plans to gain a PhD or equivalent doctorate.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a credible, ambitious vision for their research career in an area of human-health challenge for Africa; and a transformational, well-supported development plan that would be significantly enhanced by the RDF Programme.
- Prospective fellow are strongly encouraged to discuss their plans at an early stage with their employing and potential host organisations.
- We strongly welcome eligible applicants from francophone, anglophone and lusophone countries, scientists irrespective of gender, colour, race, or creed.
How to Apply for Award
Interested applicants will need to apply by downloading the application form (link is found below) and send via email
Application Closes: 12:00 GMT 23 September 2020
Need to Apply?
Email to Fellowships.[email protected]
Need More Information?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.