The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research.
Also providing the scholars with an opportunity to visit clinical, teaching, and research activities in the U.S. and Canada and to attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress.
Scholarship Applications Deadline
The American college of Surgeons scholarship application deadline/closing date is July 1st, 2019
Scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate programme.
Field of Study
Scholarships are awarded to study medicine and related subjects offered by the college.
- The scholarships, in the amount of $10,000 each,
- Provide scholars to visit clinical, teaching, and research activities in the U.S. and Canada
- Attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress
Applicant must be an international students but not from USA or Canada.
Scholarship are offered for degree study in USA.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
- Applicants must be at least 35 years old, but under 50, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and/or research in accordance with the standards of the applicant’s country.
- Early careerists are deemed more suitable than those who are serving in senior academic appointments.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must be submitted in English. Submission of a curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
- Applicants must provide a list of all of their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice from that list.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold an academic appointment or a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to include a specific statement detailing the nature and extent of the teaching and other academic involvement of the applicant. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the person making the recommendation.
How to Apply
It’s important all candidates go through application requirements and review before applying for scholarship.
Application for this scholarship is carried out online at the scholarship page click below link