Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Foundation opens application for the International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021 to enable you conduct a research-based project in Germany.
Are you a prospective leader working academically or practically in climate protection or climate-relevant resource conservation in your home country – a non-European developing or transition country? Application are invited for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021.
The application for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship ends by March 1, 2021.
Why Apply To Alexander von Humboldt Foundation For International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021
The international climate protection fellowship offered by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables you to conduct a one-year research-based project in the Germany country focusing on combating climate change, on adaptation strategies, on preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or on the sustainable use of the oceans and seas. Sustainability topics relating to natural resources, resource-efficient consumption or urban development are also welcome.
The fellowship facilitates the mutual exchange of brilliant ideas and knowledge, methods and techniques with the hosts in Germany; this also extends to offer of funds to you monthly within the one year period of your stay undertaking research programme in the country.
The International Climate Protection Fellowships award up to 15 fellowship funds to prospective leaders and up to five to postdoctoral researchers each year. The fellowships are funded through the International Climate Initiative of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
Degree Level: Postgraduate ( Research fellowship)
Duration: One (1) year duration
The fellowship offer selected fellows
- An opportunity to conduct a one-year research-based project in Germany focusing on combating climate change, on adaptation strategies, on preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or on the sustainable use of the oceans and seas.
- a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,670 in the programme line for prospective leaders – depending on your training and career level; a monthly fellowship of €2,670 in the programme line for postdoctoral researchers.
- a platform for mutual exchange of knowledge, methods and techniques with hosts in Germany; this also extends to questions of practical applicability in your country of origin.
- Receive an individual support during your stay in Germany
additional financial support for example for accompanying family members, for travel expenses or for a German language course
- a three-week introductory event where you can connect with other climate protection fellows, visit businesses and research institutions, and attend cultural events in Germany
- An extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021 Requirements
As future decision-makers and multipliers applying for the International Climate Protection Fellowship offered by Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Foundation, you aim to take on the global challenge of climate change through international, cross-border cooperation. Start submitting application for the fellowship if you are
- a citizen of a non-European developing or transition country (view list of countries, PDF) and have been predominantly living and working there
- have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than 12 years ago (cut-off date: 1 March of year of application)
- have initial experience in a leadership role and corresponding leadership skills
- are a prospective leader with extensive professional experience (at least 48 months at the time of applying)
- explore questions in the natural or engineering sciences or address legal, economic, health-related or societal aspects of climate change
- are a postdoctoral researcher with a successfully completed doctorate in climate protection or climate-related resource conservation and have been published in academic journals and by academic publishers peer reviewed to international standards
- have very good knowledge of English and/or German
Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021 Documentation Required
As postgraduate research fellowship applicants. Before applying you should see have the following documentations available to submit during application to the to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021.
- A Research-Based Project: Have an outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Do bear in mind that a convincing choice of methods; clear focus and feasibility; relevance to the fields of climate protection or climate-relevant resource conservation; feasibility of conducting the project at the chosen host institution; practicability of the communication strategy are the important criteria for selection.
- Reference Letter: ( two letters of recommendation not more than 12 months old) Letter should be from two individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background as well as leadership skills.
All postdoctoral researchers should ask for an expert review written by your current supervisor/mentor
previous doctoral supervisor. The second letter of recommendation should/can preferably be written by a reviewer not working at the applicant’s own institute.
When applying the online application form has an attached link where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded.
Do Please forward these links to the relevant individuals as soon as possible.You will be sent a confirmation e-mail as soon as the foundation have received all the required documents (including the recommendation letters).
- Clearly Written and Extensive Statement: Statements need to include confirmation of support from your host in Germany
When is The Application Closing Date For Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021.
Interested applicants need to take into consideration the closing date for applications is 1 March of each year. Candidates are to apply before the official closing dates for the application.
it is unfortunately not possible anymore to submit an application by email, post or fax neither are online applications this programme accepted after the closing date stated.
How To Apply To Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021.
Before proceeding to the application, you need to agree to the detail of your independently developed research-based project with your chosen academic host
Then begin to submit the necessary application documents online to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Need To Apply?
Like This Opportunity? Do let us know in the comment how helpful it is, do share with friends on social media websites
Like us on Facebook and Twitter page
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive updates on interesting scholarships, opportunities, programs and college guides.
https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/en– Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021.