Young persons are invited to apply for the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Award. The award open for entries to win prestigious titles and cash grants.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards is focus to recogninize young people and reward them for their major contribution and work which have impacted the people and communities in their country.
Open entries for 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards closes on October 21, 2020 23:59 GMT
About Commonwealth Youth Awards
The Commonwealth Youth awards recognize and reward exceptional young people whose work has made a major impact on people and communities in their country.
To recognize their contributions in these turbulent times, the Commonwealth Youth Awards will give young people a global platform to showcase their ideas, solutions and technologies. It will highlight the powerful and positive impact they are making in their communities, countries and across the globe.
Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work 2021 aim to raise the profile of young people and highlight the contribution they are making towards developing a fairer, sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth Youth Awards give international, regional and national recognition and support to those young men and women who have demonstrated young peoples capacity and potential to make positive contributions to their communities, nations and the world at large.
Young people are not passive beneficiaries of development and spectators to programmes and of policies that affect their development, but rather are integrally involved in the process of change as they continue to work side by side with decision makers as key actors and stakeholders contributing to national development.
An overall winner will be announced and will receive the title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
Judges will choose 20 finalists who will each receive a trophy, a certificate and £1,000 in cash.
Of the 20, five regional winners will be chosen and awarded an additional £2,000.
The finalists and regional winners will be announced during Commonwealth week in March 2021.
2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards Main Objective
- Highlight the contribution young people are making to promote the common goal of a future built on fairness, peace, prosperity and sustainability and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Acknowledge the outstanding contributions made by young people to overall development and democracy goals in the Commonwealth;
- Create an environment which will encourage and sustain investments in youth led development;
Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment and creativity that exists among young people across the Commonwealth by highlighting nominees’ success stories;
- Motivate, encourage and challenge young people (aged 15-29) to set high standards for their work/service at community, national, regional or international levels;
- Special recognition will also be given this year to development efforts in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Commonwealth Youth Awards 2021 Process
There will be five finalists per Commonwealth region with the top entry receiving the Regional Winner Award and the overall top regional winner receiving the Pan Commonwealth Award and be named the Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021.
The 20 Regional Finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy and a certificate.
The 5 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate.
The Pan Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
The 5 Regional Winners and Pan Commonwealth Winner will be officially annouced during Commonwealth Week in March 2021.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
The 2021 Commonwealth Youth Awards nomination requires all nominee must
- Be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- Have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- Not be older than 29 on 31 December 2020;
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work.
- The winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
- Awards will be decided on the basis of:
- Level of Impact;
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem solving;
- Quality of achievement;
- Quality of the evidence provided.
How to Apply for the 2021 common Wealth Youth Awards
Interested in applying for the Comonwealth Youth Awards 2021, you can apply by nomination.
But first you need to be a volunter or professional engaged in development work for more than 12 months.
Be nominated by an individual who can specifically describe and give details of your development work( see eligibility criteria)
Register Online on the Commonwealth Youth Excellence award website (link for nomination/registeration is given below)
Need to Apply?
Need More Information?
Get further details, Visit the official website of the 2021 Commonweath Youth Awards
Like this Opportunity? Do well to let us know how helpful it is to you, Share with friends on social media websites
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive free mails on interested available opportunities, scholarships, grants, programs.