Invitation to 2020 Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition in Geneva is open.
Apply for the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2020 For Undergraduate and Master’s Student in Geneva, Switzerland if you are interested in competitions. A team of two students from each university is invited to participate. In the preliminary rounds, students submit heads of argument for a hypothetical case, which are assessed by a panel of experts.
Competition Application Deadline
The fellowship application period closes on April 27, 2020.
Why Apply For Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition In Geneva, Switzerland
The Competition is open to both undergraduate and master’s degree students.
Every year students who wish to participate in the Human Rights Moot Court Competition write and submit heads of argument for a hypothetical case, which are assessed by a panel of experts.
The best 10 teams from each UN region are then invited to participate in the pre-final, quarter-final, semi-final and final rounds of the Competition in Geneva. Teams then have to argue the two sides of the hypothetical case, representing, alternatively, both the Applicant and the Respondent before a ‘bench’ of human rights experts.
The eight best teams proceed to the quarterfinal rounds, which is presided over by judges from international courts and tribunals. The Competition is presented in English, French and in Spanish.
Eligibility And Requirement
Applicants are generally expected to:
- A team of two students from any university in the world
- Be an undergraduate or master’s degree students.
- Submit heads of argument for a hypothetical case
The following documents are needed for the 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition
Students submit heads of argument for a hypothetical case, which are assessed by a panel of experts.
The competition is organized by
- Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria
- Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, American University, Washington College of Law
- United Nations Human Rights Council Branch (HRCB) at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
Competition Financial supporters
The 12th Nelson Mandela World Human Rights Moot Court Competition is supported financially by
- European Union through the Global Campus of Human Rights
- Mission Permanente de la Suisse auprès des Nations Unies à Genève
- South African Permanent Mission Geneva
- The Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA) of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
How To Apply
The competition application period is currently open and closes on April 27, 2020.
Need More Information or Need To Apply?
Share with friends on social media or Apply/Get further information from the website here