Apply now for 2020/21 Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-Doctoral award in Palestine studies at Columbia University.
The center of Palestine studies at University of Columbia Middle East Institute invites applicaton for Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award in Palestine studies 2020/2021.
Application is now open to students who want to undertake study at Columbia university through the Ibrahim Abu-Lughod post-doctoral fellowship award.
The post-doctoral award seeks to recognize and foster innovative and ground-breaking scholarship on issues related to Palestine and Palestinians.
The Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-Doctoral award has a value of $50,000.
The award application deadline is January 15, 2020.
Why Apply For Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post Doctoral Award in Palestine Study.
The annual fellowship at Columbia university was established in 2010. The award will support a scholar working on a book project in any field of the humanities or social sciences at Columbia University in New York.
Scholars will spend the academic year at the university pursuing their research and writing, contributing to curricular matters, and participating in the intellectual life of the Center for Palestine Studies at the Middle East Institute.
Eligibility And Requirements
- The fellow must have a PhD in hand by June 2020.
- Open to all post-doctoral scholars who share the mission of the Center for Palestine Studies to advance the production and circulation of knowledge on Palestinian history, culture, society, and politics.
- Preference will be given to individuals from underrepresented programs who would benefit most from the academic resources of Columbia University.
- The Fellow may not hold any other major fellowship or teaching obligations during the award period.
The following list of documents are required for all applicants:
- A Completed Online Application Click here.
- A Curriculum vitae. Should include Education (names and location of colleges, graduate and professional schools, with dates attended and degrees earned); Employment; Academic honors; Publications (Please do not send the publications); Languages read, spoken and written.
- A Three-page (1000 word) description of the book project on which fellow will work and its significance.
- Indicate how much has been completed and what you intend to do during the fellowship period.
- Writing sample (15 pg max). Can be an extract from a longer work.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should come from scholars familiar with the proposed project and the applicant’s qualifications. Recommendations must be submitted by January 15, 2020. Applicants are responsible for requesting the letters.
Application materials and recommendations should be submitted in PDF format on or before January 15, 2020.
How To Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for the award
- Fill and complete application online
- Submit all required forms and documentation.
Need More Information or Need to Apply?
Share with friends on Social Media