Apply For 2020/2021 Hungary Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People. The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith
Application is now open for 2020-2021 scholarship programme for young Christian people and is offered for study at universities in Hungary.
The country Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe, currently there is a growing demand of young international students to study in Hungary.
Why Apply for the Hungary Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People
Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe and today there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary.
Scholarship Programme Deadline
The deadline for submitting the complete application package: January 31, 2020 (until 23:59 Central European Time).
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
Bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level- monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
Doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
Free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) is only a contribution to rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city –this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Reimbursement of travel costs
HUF 200,000 /academic year (cca. EUR 640)
- Medical insurance
Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
Please bear in mind that these provisions are only a contribution to the living expenses of the Scholarship Holders. It means that the monthly stipend does not fully cover all the costs of living, and therefore, scholarship holders might need to add their own financial resources in order to cover
all living expenses in Hungary. All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying; please do check .
Scholarships are available for bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s and doctoral programmes. see list of available study programmes
Eligibility and Requirements
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People for the 2020/21 academic year, the scholarship is announced for the
- Citizens of the following countries:
Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
- Scholarship applicants must have the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. applicants must have the recommendation from the Local Church. see list of churches
- The scholarship applicants must commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends, they will return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
The following documentation are required for the scholarship programmme application
- Online application form
- Approved recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations
in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application
Additional Documentation Required
Besides the documents listed above applicants applying for studies on a doctoral level need to upload the following documents. The documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application surface by doctoral applicants until 31st January 2020.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Research Plan
- Statement of the Supervisor
How to Apply for Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship programme offered to chrsitian young people, applicants must follow the steps below- application end January 31, 2020
Start application online on the website
Fill out application form with all required informations
Select a study programme at a host university
Provide and upload all required documentation before the stipulated dates
NEED MORE INFORMATION OR NEED TO APPLY
Share this scholarships on social media with friends or apply/get furhter details on the scholarship website here.